Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference

I'm here this week, learning about the dream God has placed in my heart.  There is so much to take in, so much to process, so much to change about my writing worldview that at times I am absolutely overwhelmed.

More than overwhelmed, though, I am packed chock-full of JOY.  I understand in a new way why God created community.  Every day I am amazed to find myself surrounded by people who share my faith in God, my hopes and dreams, my insecurities and frustrations.  I am not alone!  I have been encouraged by people whose words seem divinely timed.  I have been taught by people who want to see me succeed.  I have opened my heart to people who are at different places on the path I hope to follow, and I am able to draw from the experiences and wisdom of those ahead of me as well as cheer on those coming up behind.

What a great picture of the Church!  This is why we are to gather together.  This is why we are called to both teach and learn.  This is how we provide each other with all the fuel necessary to run the race.

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Heb. 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment