Thursday, March 18, 2010

I wonder if there is proper blog etiquette for returning after a prolonged absence.

I have no idea, so I'll just jump right in and hope you'll forget that I started this with the intent of writing about my experiences with God, with hopes of honoring Him with my writing. Nothing like putting a little pressure on one's self, eh? Nothing like determining to write (repeatedly) something profound, only to end up with a Gibraltar-sized writer's block. Nothing like making it all about me...

Heh. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's making it all about me.

I just sat here for ten (okay, maybe five) minutes, trying to figure out how to tell you this without making it about me. Can't.Doit.

So. Here is what I am currently learning, courtesy of Beth Moore's Believing God study.

I am learning that it's time to act like I am the daughter of the Creator of the Universe. It's time to grasp hold of and BELIEVE that God has great things for me.

(Please don't think for a second that I'm talking about wealth or material possessions or having hair like Mrs. Osteen. I'm talking about fulfilling the destiny God set out for me before He created the foundations of the earth)

This verse grabbed me (written in regard to the Hebrews wandering aimlessly, pathetically through the desert):

So we see that they were not able to enter [the Promised Land], because of their unbelief. Heb 3:19

It struck me that unbelief is vastly different than disbelief. I don't dis-believe in God, but I do often suffer unbelief in regard to His plans for me, the abilities He has given me, the things He has for me to do with this life. This unbelief is paralyzing. I think I need to say that again. This unbelief is paralyzing. Do you know this feeling?

If you do, please join me. Today I am asking God, like the man in the book of Mark,

"Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"

Only my request looks more like this:

LORD, I BELIEVE; HELP MY UNBELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. amen!

    here is the verse from Isaiah 40 that came to mind last night during the louie giglio thing:

    Do you not know? Have you not heard?

    Has it not been declared to you from the beginning?

    Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?

    It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,

    And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,

    Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain

    And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, that's one of my favorite verses!

    Do you not know? Have you not heard????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes. Me, too, Karen. Me, too. This learning to walk in BELIEF. It's a journey.

    Blessings, fellow sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that the verse talks about the circle of the earth long before people thought the earth was a circle. finding stuff like this in the Bible always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete