Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On my heart

Jesus, today I want to wage a holy war against the devil's plans to destroy families. I pray for those whose marriages are on fragile ground. I ask that You tear down the powers and principalities and plans for destruction. I ask for hope where there is none, softness of heart where calluses have hardened, GRACE where only judgment has been, and Your mercy upon those who are suffering. I ask that you would not allow Satan any toehold and that you would take back what he has stolen.

I ask that You take back tender feelings.
I ask that You take back joy.
I ask that You take back laughter.
I ask that You take back hope.
I ask that You take back compassion.
I ask that You take back respect.
I ask that You take back love.

I ask that You take back kindness in every form; I ask that you expand to fill in every gap, become balm for every wound, encourage hearts to hope again, and allow parents to model Your plans for marriage to their children.

I ask You to move mightily.
I wait in expectation.
I thrill to see You move!
I thank you for hearing my prayers.
I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Amen Amen and again Amen. Wonderfully put...what a powerful prayer Karen!

    ReplyDelete